Saturday 19 March 2011

Bake Me a Cake as Fast as You Can!

 Half Moon Bakery cakes are slowy but surely popping up in many lovely, littles cafes and delis in the city of Norwich. Many evenings I spend in my teeny tiny kitchen creaming butter and sugar with my weak arms that I have inherited from my mother, and yes the oven is really hot, there is absolutely no work top space, the washing up forms a monumental china tower in the sink, and clouds of icing sugar puff gets everywhere but this is me, and Half Moon Bakery making headway and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to have the Bakery of my own, lets home the London folk lick their lips in anticipation.

My Afternoon Tea range of dainty fairy cakes, old-favourite biscuits, and floral inspired scones and flavours exclusive (for now) at a vintage cafe filled with sounds from a grammer phone, tea in a proper tea cup on a proper saucer run by the gorgeous Charlie Buchan.
Find Lemon and Lavender fairy cakes, Rosewater Butter Biscuits, 
Goji Berry Scones and Classic Custard Creams at Biddy's Tea Room.


If you're out the house bright and early a "Pick-Me-Up" bar will awaken your senses bursting with papaya, fat raisins, dates, apricots and with more mineral rich seeds than a bird feeder. rather than clogging your arteries with butter these bars are bound with peanut butter and agave syrup. Gluten-Free Orange and Almond Muffins or a square of crumbly Blackcurrant Shortcake is perfect with a cup of coffee, or enjoy a slice of Lemon, Blackberry and Jasmine Flower Cake on a sunny afternoon in Wholesome cafe and grocer.

Fancy a cup cake? Head to Finnie's Juice Bar for a healthy carrot and cinnamon delight with juicy sultanas...









... Extra order for 18 Carrot Cupcakes for Monday morning- here's to Sunday evening where I'll be fighting with an icing bag.

2 comments:

  1. They all look so delicious. Wish I lived in Norwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Biddy's at the weekend with the express intention of sampling your wares. But I had Adam with me, and there was no way I could get his charabanc up the stairs. Will try again soon...

    ReplyDelete