Saturday 29 January 2011

Post one; The Baby

Coming from a long line of women bakers in my family, I have been born with, as my grandma would say, "sugar and spice and all things nice" running through my veins. Us women, from the Walker-Linington-Jones gene pool all inherited lovely soft hands perfect for rubbing in butter and flour, and our fingernails show large milky half moons, pointing to this baking trait.

Half Moon Bakery is dedicated to all these women of previous generations and so both old-fashioned nostalgic recipes which have been passed down the family as well as more modern and new creations will be on offer. This blog will document my path to achieving my goal and I will post pictures of the delightful cakes, bakes, biscuits and sugary treats that will be available to buy in the Bakery.

I find if things are written down then you are more likely to achieve them so wish me luck, and see you at Half Moon Bakery in 9 months. Quite literally having a bun in the oven, baking is my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment